In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using the websites swissherbs.com or any country-specific versions and subdomains of these websites (hereinafter altogether and each a "Website").
SwissHerbs Pharma GmbH, 9443 Widnau, Canton St. Gallen, Switzerland
You may address your data privacy concerns to the Data Privacy Officer of SwissHerbs Pharma GmbH, 9443 Widnau, Canton St. Gallen, Switzerland or email@example.com
Collection and storage of personal data
When you access the Website for informational purposes only, that is, when you do not log in, register, click on social media plug-ins or otherwise provide us with specific information, we do not collect any personal data, except for the data that your browser sends to the server of the Website in order to enable you to access the Website.
• IP address
• Date and time of the request
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (specific page)
• Access status/HTTP status code
• Volume of data transmitted in each case
• Requesting domain
• Operating system of your terminal and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software
Purpose and legal basis of data processing
Data processing is carried out in particular to analyse the internet traffic on our Website, to improve the functionality of our Website and for advertising purposes. The processing of personal data is necessary to protect our legitimate interests.
If you have given us your consent to process your personal data for specific purposes (for example, when you register to receive newsletters), we will process your personal data within the scope of and based on this consent, unless we have another legal basis and do not require such a basis. You may withdraw your given consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Categories and origin of data
We process data (i) which is generated when accessing and using our Website or (ii) which is provided by you (for example, when you register to receive newsletters or participate in a competition).
In the course of our business activities, we also disclose personal data to third parties where legally permitted. We may engage in particular with the following data recipients:
• third parties in order to comply with our legal obligations;
These recipients may be situated inside and outside Switzerland, in particular in countries in which any SwissHerbs Pharma GmbH companies, branches or other offices are located and in all other countries in Europe and the USA where any service providers of SwissHerbs Pharma GmbH are located (such as INXY (for Hosting Services) and Adobe (for the Magento CMS platform)). If we transfer data to a country which does not provide for an adequate legal data protection, we will ensure such adequate level of protection as required by law by means of (i) appropriate agreements in place or (ii) by reliance on certain legal exceptions to data privacy protection, such as in case of (1) consent to data transfer, (2) performance of contracts, (3) the processing, declaratory determination, execution and enforcement of legal claims, (4) an overriding public interest, (5) public availability of personal data or (6) because it is necessary to protect the integrity of the individuals concerned.
The Website uses the following transient and persistent cookies:
Cookies are small text files that are used on websites to make the user experience more efficient.
We are permitted by law to store cookies on your device if they are absolutely necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we require your consent.
In accordance with applicable law, we may store cookies on your device if they are technically necessary for the operation of the Website. For other types of cookies we need your permission, which you can give by clicking on the corresponding fields in the pop-up button. You can configure your browser settings to your liking and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we would like to point out that in such a case you may not be able to use all the functions of the Website.
Use of Google Analytics
1. The Website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files which are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of your use of the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google. We have also added the code "anonymizeIP" to Google Analytics on the Website. This guarantees the masking of your IP address so that all data is collected anonymously. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the USA to be shortened there.
2. On behalf of the operator of the Website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage. You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this Website to their full extent.
3. You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the Website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices.
4. We use Google Analytics including the functions of Universal Analytics. Universal Analytics allows us to analyze the activities on our pages across devices (e.g. when accessed via laptop and later via a tablet). This is made possible by the pseudonymous assignment of a User-ID to a user. Such an allocation is made, for example, when you register for a customer account or log in to your customer account. However, no personal data is forwarded to Google. Even if Universal Analytics adds additional functions to Google Analytics, this does not mean that this is associated with a restriction of measures for data protection such as IP masking or the browser add-on.
5. If you wish to prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data, you must set an opt-out cookie which will prevent future collection of your data when you visit the Website. The opt-out cookie is valid only in this browser and only for the Website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
SWISSHERBS’S PRESENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
All plug-ins from social networks used on our Website (especially Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter) are set up using the 2-click method. This means that the respective plugins are only activated when you click on the provider's icon.
Use of Facebook
We use various features of Facebook:
Facebook fan page
The operation of our Facebook fan page, including the processing of users' personal data, is based on our legitimate interest in providing up-to-date and supportive information and interaction opportunities for and with our users and visitors. You do not need to be a member of Facebook to view the content on the fan page.
We use the retargeting function "Custom Audiences" Facebook on the Website. This feature allows us to target visitors to the Website on Facebook with advertisements by displaying interest-based Facebook ads for visitors to the Website when they visit the social network Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to associate the collected information with your Facebook user account, you can disable the "Custom Audiences" remarketing feature here. You must be logged in to Facebook for this.
Facebook Ads Manager (incl. use of lookalike audiences)
We use the Facebook Ads Manager to place ads.
Features of Instagram are integrated on our Website.
We have configured the Instagram button on our Website so that it is disabled by default. If you activate the Instagram button (by clicking on it), the operators of Instagram can register that you are on our Website and where and can use this information for their purposes.
Some features of Twitter are integrated on our Website.
We use YouTube from Google to integrate videos.
We are happy to inform you about current topics concerning SwissHerbs and our products via our newsletter. To send a newsletter we need your name, gender and e-mail address. You can enter both in the fields provided. After you have sent this data, you will receive an e-mail from us to the e-mail address you have provided, in which you must click on a confirmation link to verify the e-mail address you have provided.
Your data will only be used and stored by us for the purpose of sending the newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time and thus object to the further use of your data. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list at the end of a newsletter.
In our newsletters and other marketing e-mails, we also include, in part and to the extent permitted, visible and invisible image elements, the retrieval of which from our servers enables us to determine whether and when you have opened the e-mail, so that we can also measure and better understand how you use our offers and tailor them to you. You can block this in your e-mail program.
Competitions on the Website and on social media
From time to time we conduct competitions. Your data will only be processed and stored by us for the purpose of the competition. The personal data will be deleted if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected. If we engage third parties to carry out a competition and pass on to them personal data that you have made available to us, we will conclude appropriate data processing agreements with them.
Duration of data storage
Unless otherwise stated, we store usage data or other personal data for as long as we deem it necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or for as long as we deem it necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. We delete your data as soon as it is no longer needed and in any case after the legally prescribed maximum retention period has expired.
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data from risks during data transmission and from third parties gaining knowledge of it. These are adapted to the current state of the art.
Subject to the fulfilment of the respective relevant legal requirements, you are entitled to the following rights
• Restriction of processing
• Data portability.
Furthermore, you have the right to object at any time to the processing based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
Please note, however, that we reserve the right to assert the restrictions provided for by law, for example if we are obliged to store or process certain data, if we have an overriding interest in doing so (insofar as we are entitled to invoke this) or if we need it for the assertion of claims.
The exercise of such rights usually requires that you clearly prove your identity (e.g. by means of a copy of your identity card, where your identity is otherwise not clear or cannot be verified). To assert your rights, you can contact us at the address given above.
Moreover, you have the right to pursue your claim through the courts or to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Version: 1 July 2020